LooseCrew-JeffO: x-rays

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

x-rays


I thought today was my last doctor visit, but he wants to see me yet again. I got some good x-rays, though. He seemed to think everything was optimal, but I kind of freaked.

I didn't know how severe it was. Also, I thought it split length-wise and was maybe a kind of green-stick fracture. However, it apparently broke completely in two right behind the joint. So I ran my last 1.5 miles at Rim Rock with a broken foot! Holy shit, I'm feeling the pain all over again. It's amazing what endorphins can do for you.


I'm no expert, but the x-ray doesn't look like the break is ready for me to run on it. I just ran 1.5 miles last night. I was going to run again tonight, but I think I'll just snowshoe.


I have another appointment in a couple more weeks.


If I screw this up, the LT100 won't happen this year. I hate not being able to run! But I need to keep my mind on my goals. That way my stubbornness to succeed will overwhelm my desire to run right now.


2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you broke it. That is cool that you posted your x-ray. I have never seen that. Yeah, good idea to keep your longer term goal in mind.

Sorry I missed your bd party. Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger JeffO said...

Yep missed you at the party. It was fun!
Seeya when I can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home