LooseCrew-JeffO: 2007 Schedule

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 Schedule

I have a cold. (Happy b-day) That's what I get for running Wed., snowshoing Thur, Matrix work-out Fri, all on 5-6 hours sleep each night for several days in a row during flu season, while not drinking enough fluids each day. So far, the symptoms aren't very bad.

Saturday, my friends all met to celebrate Carrie's and my birthdays. No photos because Shawna and Kelli were exhausted from skiing and running late and forgot to bring my camera. And my new smartphone is a lousy 1.3mp with no flash and bad light pick-up. But let me tell you, the wimmins were looking very fine! (Just happened to notice that.) But I was feeling tired (no wonder - I was coming down with this cold) and left at 10:30.

Last week at work, and continuing this week, work is a stress-mill. That's technology for you.

Sending my Leadville Trail 100 registration today. I'm not superstitious, but I always hate early registration because it seems like a jinx.

Here's my tentative 2007 schedule (which seems ludicrous sitting here with a broken foot):
Sat, Feb 17 - Moab's Red Hot 50k+ (almost certainly won't be ready for this)
Sat, March 17 - Salida Run Through Time Marathon (here's hopin')
Sat, Apr 14 - Greenland 50K
Sat, Apr 21 - Spring Desert Ultra
Sat, May 5 - Collegiate Peaks 50 Mile
Beginning of June - Steamboat Springs Marathon (optional)
Sat, June 16 - San Juan Solstice 50Mile
Sat, June 30, July 1-2 LT100 Bootcamp (optional)
Sat, July 7 - Leadville Marathon
Fri, July 13 - Hard Rock 100 pacing (Probably conflicts with Badwater pacing prep)
July 23 - Badwater 135M pacing - get confirmation from Anita
August 18-19 - Leadville Trail 100 (mandatory stuff Fri, Aug 17)


There are other events I'd like to do after LT100, but I'm not going to plan anything until I'm done with this schedule. I would like to do Golden Leaf, Bear 100, and Goblin Valley, but I'd hate to repeat the past couple of years ending in injury.

But right now, I think I'll go home and sleep off my cold. I had to get up and come to work, though. It always screws up my body-clock when I don't do my routine and then it's hard getting back into things.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great schedule Jeff! That that encourages me to get my own done.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home