LooseCrew-JeffO: 11 Hours to Start

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

11 Hours to Start

During the medical check they found me to be clinically insane, so that means I passed the medical check!

Bib# 344
Official weight: 165lbs.

I headed to the Proving Grounds coffee shop with my friends and we jabbered away in the most hyper way.
Coming down the sidewalk, I saw Chrissy Weiss, who I'd never met before. She was out of earshot, but she saw my lips say her name. She shook her head and waved. When she came by she held out her hand to shake but I gave her a hug - which really took her off guard since she has no idea who or what I am. But you know me, that's what I do. So now I've officially met Dirty Girl Xy.

Anton Krupicka is here.
Jeff Bueche decided not to be, even though he's paid and registered.
Spent the day with half my crew. The other half arrives this evening while I'm asleep. I talked to one of them on the phone several minutes ago.
My drop bags are delivered.
I ate a buffalo burger for lunch. Dinner will be lighter fare.

I'm nervous! It's not much from worries about the race - it's more from racking my brain to make sure I've dotted all my I's and crossed all my T's. It's the prep that's driving me bonkers. I'm so wired I don't think I can sleep. I'll be glad to get running.

During the pep-talk, I was irritated. I had better things to do than listen to attaboys. I already know I CAN finish the LT100. The question is - will it pan-out that way? A lot can happen over 100 miles. I've done everything necessary and I know this body and mind can get it done. But injury is a possibility. It's kind of like Russian-roulette, but with a revolver that has a 100-round cylinder and a dozen bullets sprinkled throughout. There's a luck-factor. I don't want there to be a luck-factor but there's nothing I can do about that. All I've been able to do is minimize the negative factors and maximize the positive factors. So now all I can do is "do what I do" and "hope".

Wake-up tomorrow will be 2:30-2:45am - phone and knocks on the door.
Mandatory start-line check-in before 3:45am.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

JeffO,

How are you? I'm worried...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home