LooseCrew-JeffO: Three and a Half Days Left

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Three and a Half Days Left

Three-and-a-half days left.

Here's a photo from 9 days ago I forgot to post.

I guess I'm supposed to be getting more nervous, but the opposite is happening. I was nervous before the training camp.
This is a macro example of what always happens with smaller races. I tell ya, the best moments in life are the minutes before and after the race starts, and the first several miles as I get into my groove.
Wouldn't be the same in towns or paved races, but mountain trail races are the best. It's like the feeling I used to have as a kid waking up on Christmas morning.
I'm not sure how well-prepared I am. Maybe I'll forget some stuff. I just want to get going. It's hard to concentrate on work.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

JeffO,

BEST OF LUCK! When do you leave for the hills? It has been really fun to follow your blog through your Leadville training. I will be hoping for the best for you this weekend. You sound like you are in the right place for this adventure. It's just you, the trail, and your one goal. Have so much fun!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Jeff,

In case I don't get the chance in the next couple of days, I want to take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck with the LT100. You have certainly trained hard and with a real purpose in mind. You seem very well prepared and strongly determined. I really think that you will do well. It sounds like your mind and spirit are in the right place for this race and you seem relaxed at this point which is a good thing. I will tell you to enjoy the experience, but I'm sure that you will. Good luck Jeff!

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home