LooseCrew-JeffO: Leadville Recon

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Leadville Recon

I spent the day in Leadville.
First, my motel reservations are confirmed Aug. 17-20.
I also got the email address of Miles K. who will put out trail reports so we'll know how much snow is on the trail and which sections are runnable.
I had my son with me, so I didn't run it, but I checked out the route all the way to Turquoise Lake. It's runnable all the way to the lake, 5.75 miles. So that's an 11.5 mile training run, or 11.5% of the LT100. That's worth driving there for a training run whenever I can.
Also checked out the LT100 store to see what I might buy all my pacers. They had some decent shirts and jackets, but they were all either 100% cotton, or for bikers. I might have my own shirts made for my crew.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeesh! Looks wintery still way up high there. When will it end? Ever?! Bring on the Rocky Mountain 3-month summer! :) How far a drive is it to the course? I think it's great that you'll be able to train up there!

Stay Warm!
Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger JeffO said...

In spite of several snow flurries that blew over, it actually felt fairly comfortable. Maybe I'm just used to it after months of it.
Anyways, Leadville is 105 miles from home. Yes, I'm very lucky to live here. It's been my dream to live here since I was 8 y.o.
I'm living my dream!

Have fun with your "short" ultras. Goblin Valley isn't happening this year, though.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jeff - Let me know how I can help on your LT100. I want to be on Team JeffO! Also, we should take the Denver Fun Run group up there for a weekend run and we can recon one of the LT100 segments with you.

-chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home