LooseCrew-JeffO: Finally in One Piece

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Finally in One Piece

My feet feel fine, even after last weeks record mileage. In fact, everything feels better than ever. So I hope this easy week I'm into really seals the deal so that I can start upping the ante without being paranoid about injuries.
Next week: 80 miles. Followed by an easy week of biking and walking. Then the Collegiate Peaks 50 Miler.
The races I've done so far, I didn't really have any time-goals. I need to finish Collegiate in under 10 hours. I think I should be able to do it in 9h30m, give or take. So that's the year's first race goal.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up...

Sorry the race didn't go exactly as planned. You've been upping the mileage a lot, though, so I can understand why. Training miles under the belt, though, right?

I would love to run the Collegiate Peaks race, it looks awesome!

Take care,
Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger JeffO said...

Collegiate Peaks is definitely fun to me. A friend recently told me she doesn't like it because it's on back-country jeep roads and she wants single-track. It even starts out on some pavement.
Everyone starts out doing one giant clockwise 25-mile loop. The 50-milers have the privilege of turning around and repeating counterclockwise.
I like the course. Sure beats Denver!
If you come, we should hook up. Buena Vista is a really cool town. Helps to know where the good places are, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home