LooseCrew-JeffO: Pikes Peak Registration

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pikes Peak Registration

The Pikes Peak registration was a complete failure. So many thousands of people were waiting the instant registration opened that the Active.com servers crashed.
There's plenty of time to get the situation under control long before the race, but I feel like saying, "I told you so!"
Check out Adam Feerst's post last year.
Lobby for change in Pikes registration process


It's not easy being a race director, and it's harder with a major international race like Pikes, but clearly the writing has been on the wall for a couple of years.

I ran the marathon in 2006. Crowds aren't my bag of tea. Great, epic marathon. Glad I did it once. I never want to do it again.

I don't want to sound too ungrateful. Matt Carpenter is a great guy, the Incline Club a great club, and the TCR board is quite generous to offer these races. I just hope a better (practical) situation unfolds.
Here's some of what's going on.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I wasn't aware of this situation at all, but I am really impressed by active.com's response. Their written response sounds very sincere and the actions that they have apparently taken give the impression that they really do care about serving people well. That is a rare commodity anymore. Maybe I'm just naive, but I thought that there response was well-crafted.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

The last "there" in my comment should be a "their". I missed that while proofreading. Sorry, I'm very anally retentive about those types of things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home