LooseCrew-JeffO: My Rolling Mess

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

My Rolling Mess

Last year, I was going to lunch with a runner-friend of mine, but he doesn't race much. He gets in my car and says, "Man, your car is gross."
Yep. And your point???

There's an eclectic pile of saftey pins from several races, my trash bag says Runners World on it, I have various gloves, mittens, headlamps, etc. littered into every nook and cranny.
And that doesn't even include the back...
On road trips, I fold the back seats down and lean the front seats forward and sleep in the back (my mini-Winnebago).
I wonder how many of you out there do the same, to save on Motels?
And I wonder how many of you like to do much more than just run? Biking, climbing, hiking, snowshoing, skiing,...
So you end up with lots of "junk in yer trunk".
There are those personalities that like to plan every minute of an excursion. And if any part of "the plan" fails, they end up in a psycho-emotional funk.
There are others who like to be prepared for anything! "We don't need no stinkin' plan!" Things that inadvertently happen just change the kinds of fun we have.
I'm the latter personality.
So I have a lot of junk in my trunk.

Warning, due to the graphic nature of the following photo, viewer descretion is highly advised.



This isn't packed for a trip. This is the way it always is.
Am I embarassed? Um, no.
It is what it is.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... how did you like snowshoe running? This was my first season doing it too, and I LOVED it. It's a killer workout.

I got lots of junk in my trunk. It goes like this in my 4runner:

Actual trunk area: reserved for the pooch, mostly.

Floor behind the driver' seat: this winter contained things for snowshoe running, including snowshoes, gaiters, etc.

Pouch on back of drivers' seat: things needed for a spontaneous run including a handheld water bottle, powdered Gatorade, and a few Gus.

Floor behind passenger seat: small bag containing running clothes and a pir of old shoes, 'cuz you never know when a good run might pop up.

And, this is for just day-to-day use!

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger JeffO said...

If I'm in the snow, I'm lovin' it!

Glad to see I'm not alone in the messy car facet.

It was defintely a great weekend. The kind that refuels the soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home