LooseCrew-JeffO: Lots of birthdays this week

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lots of birthdays this week

This seems like the week for birthdays. Sunday, Alene Nitzky ran 45K, which converts to 28 miles. So... is she 28 or 45? I'm not tellin'!


I should have posted Sunday evening, but I was really tired. I'm not a morning person, plus it was Daylight Savings Time and I got up at 6am, which used to be 5am. But I knew I would regret missing a golden opportunity to run 28 miles with company, plus get to meet several Ft. Collins runners. It was well worth it. I got to meet Ping, Felix, Nick, and several others.
Check out Alene's site - she has the mostest and bestest photos. I damaged my first one.


One reason I haven't posted until now is that I keep forgetting to bring my camera in from the car. So, yeah, I can drive all the way to Ft. Collins and run 28 miles and drive back, but I'm way too lazy to walk 40 feet to my car to retrieve my camera. I never said I make sense!


This whole Daylight Savings thing is so moronic. Time is supposed to be a standard. If you dink with the standard, it ceases to be "standard". Some countries do DST, some don't. Some compromise and only go 30 minutes. On top of that, we changed it to a few weeks earlier and later. Is it just me, or is this whole situation completely retarded? Hey, if it's such a good idea, then why don't we let it be voluntary. Instead of screwing up the clock, the government can simply "suggest" that all entities, commercial, governmental, academic, and otherwise, should start an hour earlier.

Anyways, I digress... Wednesday morning, my alarm didn't go off. Gee, maybe that was because I stepped on it the night before and broke it? Maybe? And the other one somehow still wasn't changed to the new time. So I woke up at 7:30am, exactly one hour after I was supposed to!!! The good news: I got 9.5 hours of sleep. Normally I'm only caught up on sleep on Saturdays. The bad news: I now have a cold. No wonder I couldn't wake up.

I still ran 7 miles with the Denver Trail Runners tonight, so I'm not THAT sick. Which is good because I have the Salida marathon Saturday. I'm sick enough that it will slow me down if I don't get over it. How long does a cold take? First symptoms on Tuesday. Am I screwed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home