LooseCrew-JeffO: My New Salad

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My New Salad

Okay, this is not a very "guy" post. It's about food. Girls talk about food. Guys only talk about burgers and BBQ... you know - manly foods. And there's nothing more girly than "salad". But I LIKE my new salad!

Full bunch of parsley
Three apples
12 oz of grapes, red or white
2 cups or 10oz pecans
8-12 oz low-fat yoghurt

Cut any thicker stems away from the parsley that you'll find too course for consumption.
I first used a knife the hard way, and the apples and grapes were cut nicely, giving the salad better texture, but that took FOREVER.
Using a food processor, try to cut the apples and grapes so that they are about 1/8" to 1/4" peices.
I tried vanilla yoghurt, but I think it clashed a little with the parsley. Next I used plain, low-fat yoghurt and it tasted better.

Thanks to JGirl for the inspiration!
Check out her other links. She's great for nutrition info.
And she somehow has become my defacto muse.

No salad photos - whataya think this is - a girly blog?
___________________________

I've finally been getting back into the swing of things. Work has been murder. Every day it's been like I've been chewed-up and spit out. This has helped me to get back into the training habit because nothing repairs stress like exercise.
This is also why I haven't been posting - had enough computer time, and just wanted to run or go to the gym.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwww.....i hope you like your new salad!!! :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

looks like a winner to me! wow, thanks for wonderful thoughts. you are actually the inspiration. wonderful pictures. it is good of me to get out more often and enjoy the view! ~j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home