LooseCrew-JeffO: Recent Review

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recent Review

My body is not responding this year like it has in past years. This year, my feet hurt.
The rest of my body is fine, now, but Sunday, I think I had the stomach flu. Had a headache most of the day. Went for a long run and it took three miles to get rid of the headache. Then around mile 10 my stomach got queezy and started cramping. I wasn't really nauseous, but it was the kind of feeling where I was afraid I'd suddenly, spontaneously hurl. But I didn't.
The whole run, I was very tired and lethargic. I told myself, "Look at it as an ultra - you're tired - okay - you don't have to go fast, just keep going."
I managed 20.5 miles and felt decent afterwards. Still, it wasn't until Tuesday that I was back to my energetic self.

Last Saturday, I volunteered at Colorado Runner Mag's Snowman Stampede 10-miler. It's a nice change of pace to stand there watching the pain on other people's faces instead of enduring it myself. Then afterwards I got the usual freebies.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger mnodurft said...

Thanks for the welcome back. It is hard coming back from an injury - frustrating. Hope your training goes well. If ever you want company on a long one get in touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home