LooseCrew-JeffO: Discouraged

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Discouraged

This season has been more fits than starts. Every time I try to crank up my training, something goes wrong.
First, my left knee started hurting.
Then there was a minor pain in my right foot.
Then a significant pain in my left foot between my ankle and toes.
Then I hurt my back while sleeping, of all things.
Then I got a cold.
Now I have an injury on my left calf. It's minor, like all the others. All I have to do is walk it off. But that's not running - it's not training. Like so many other injuries, I have no idea what caused this. I ran the Salida marathon fine. The next day I walked two miles of errands - no issues. Heck, normally my feet hurt some after a hard race. Not this time. Then I woke up Monday with this pain between my calf and my Achilles that feels like a bruise. This is the second injury in a row that didn't exist when I went to bed Sunday night, but was there Monday morning.

One week to the Moab 100.

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Justin Mock said...

Well maybe one of these days, you'll go to bed and an instead of waking up with an injury that wasn't there before, you'll wake up and there will be a hot blonde next to you that there wasn't there before.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Olga said...

Strong mind overrides the weak body. Best this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home