LooseCrew-JeffO: Vegas 2007

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, November 05, 2007

Vegas 2007

I ran about 6 miles on Lookout Mtn Thursday and about 5 miles before hopping on the plane to Vegas.

It's not as bad here as it was in 2006. Seems the Luxor has worse ventilation than the Mandalay where I'm at this year.
The room is way too fancy. I'm a guy who actually enjoys sleeping on the ground, most places. There are times I'd rather be inside my CR-V or in a cabin, when the bears are out or it's raining and I don't feel like setting up a tent.
The bed is horribly soft. Tonight I plan to put all the bedding on the floor so I can sleep soundly.
There's a very fancy bathroom. There's both a tub and a shower. The tub is big and I wish I had someone to sit in it with and drink some wine with some candles laying around. But instead I walk around the Strip or watch a movie on my laptop.
There's a safe inside one of the closets, a 50+" TV on the wall, plus a smaller TV in the bathroom.
I know if I touch the wet-bar, they'll charge me a freakin' fortune, so I went to a liquor store on the Strip and bought a 6-pack.

My left knee needs this break. My right knee feels fine, but that's deceptive, too. Both knees need a long break.
This Saturday, though, is the Rim Rock Run. Last race of my planned season.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Vegas. Let down, in my book.

I agree with you, I'd rather be out and about, also.

Take care of your knee, JeffO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home