LooseCrew-JeffO: A New Hero to Add to my List

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Sunday, November 18, 2007

A New Hero to Add to my List

In 2006, I had a measly little stress fracture at mile 20 of the Rim Rock Run. It was the middle metatarsal of the right foot. I ran the last 2.5 miles in excruciating pain.

Now watch this runner. It was her FEMUR!!! and TIBIA!!!! And she kept going!!!

Claire Markwardt Story

Claire Markwardt Video

I can't have a high school girl chick me like that! Next time I'm going to break my back in three places - and keep going!

Thanks to Mike Q for sending me this.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what the Hell is wrong with me.

Everyone else is heaping praise and words like "hero" are being used.

Leaving any sense of self-preservation behind and running yourself until you break your own leg, in multiple places, and then crawling to the finish line of a worthless high school running competition, in Ohio no less, is about the stupidest thing I've heard today.

If she was carrying vital national security information while crawling to the safety of the border with murderous enemy agents right behind her, that's one thing. Trying to save another human being or even the family pet from a fire or automobile accident or tornado wreckage while being injured herself, that's another thing. This is just stupid.

Sorry, kids, but there are better heroes out there: Scott Ritter, Sibel Edmonds, Greg Palast, Gary Webb, Valerie Plame, Joseph Wilson...

But, I'm sure she can parlay this into a lucrative career in sportscasting/modeling after the mandatory pose for Playboy and hiring a national marketing firm to create her "brand"...

Just remember, you read it here first!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home