LooseCrew-JeffO: Willie Lloyd

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Willie Lloyd

I had a friend, Willie Lloyd, who battled cancer for about 10 years. Chemo finally killed the cancer, but then the chemo gave him Luekemia. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Just when he'd gotten a masters degree, and it looked like life would have no limits, he was diagnosed.

Willie asked me several questions about my lifestyle years ago and pronounced that there was no chance I would ever have cancer, even though I told him it runs in the family. He said it doesn't "run in the family" - it's a matter of what you eat and your lifestyle - both of which are handed down through generations. We can change that.
I don't think anyone is immune to cancer. There are too many health nuts and famous athletes who've had cancer. But healthy living certainly makes it less likely we'll contract it and more likely to survive.
Willie died Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home