LooseCrew-JeffO: Getting Hard

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Getting Hard

Monday - Thursday were easy. I was ahead after Wednesday, but DTR runs shorter runs and I was 50 minutes late, so I had to catch back up on Friday.
Friday, though, I was a little dehydrated, and bummed at Nicolette's son dieing, and tired from 54 miles of running through the week. I had to really push myself. I barely managed a 10-min. pace.
Mon = 13.7
Tues = 16.1
Wed = 15.5
Thur = 8.4
Fri = 17.1
Total = 70.8 miles
So I have two days to complete 29.2 more.
That seems like such a short distance to me these days, but yesterday's run was occasionally painful - maybe the wrong kind of pain. Since I have more to fear from injury than lack of conditioning, at this point, I'm playing this by ear. I may decide I shouldn't finish this 100-mile week.
Each night I feel tweaked. Each time I heal miraculously. I call it my Spiderman-routine. I drink my NutraJoint cocoa, I take a Calcium pill, fish oil, maybe a multi-vitamin, I get a good night's sleep, and the next day it's like the previous miles never happened - my body screams for more - MORE!
Today, I feel good, but that means nothing. When I start the pounding again, I have to reassess, and if the wrong pains start up during, I have to walk back home.
The weather this week is unbelievable. I picked a great week for this.

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there! By now you just have 1 more day to go! Perseverence!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger JeffO said...

Thanks for the support! This old bugger did it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home