LooseCrew-JeffO: All packed and nowhere to go

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

All packed and nowhere to go

They closed I-70!
Too windy. Gusts have been over 100mph all day long.
So no Moab Red Hot 50K for me!
I wasn't even angry, but I am bummed.

This morning, the news showed a sheriff officer with blood on his neck. The wind shattered two of his windows. The flying glass put a bunch of little cuts on his neck.

This photo is at Beaver Brook/Floyd Hill. It was closed all the way to Vail.
I'm a very lucky guy, so I figured I'd just drive as far as I could and maybe (maybe [maybe]) they'd open the road by the time I got there. No luck on that.
There have been dozens of flipped-over trucks and cars, and lots of broken windows. I talked to a contractor at lunch who said a stack of plywood got dealt-out like an invisible giant dealing cards.

I guess it's a good thing I hadn't mailed in my registration, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home