LooseCrew-JeffO: Two-run week

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, February 09, 2007

Two-run week

Tuesday, I hooked-up with someone from Sacramento. She was born and raised in Sweden, lived a couple years in Hawaii, and now lives in California.
After my horrible experience in Las Vegas, when I heard she was coming to town, I was obsessed with getting my revenge on Vegas by setting the example of how I'd wished Vegas had treated me.
She got lost and ended up finding Wash. Park about 15 minutes late, so we started running just the two of us.

Elinor is FAST! Her target distance is 5K. Mine last year was, well, add a zero to the right. And this year, change the K to an M and then double it. So, yes, she ran frickin' circles around me!!!! Doh! It was hilarious. She did intervals running ahead of me and then looping back to run with me a few more minutes before taking off again and again.
She had all sorts of great stories about Sweden, Hawaii, and California.
She'll be here for another week. I hope I get to see her at least one more time.

That's one of the things I love most about running with groups and racing - meeting people from all over America and the world.

Last night, Denver Trail Runners ran at Bear Creek Lake Park. It's a really boring place to run, but my foot can't take much. I ran hard at Wash. Park - too hard. So my foot wouldn't take much on Thursday. I ran alone in the dark on pavement, and left early. It wasn't much of a workout, but at least I broke a sweat. It was 6-7 miles. I didn't go out to eat afterwards. Instead I went home and ate spaghetti.

The Moab Red Hot 50K filled up quick. They planned for as many as 100 runners. But it looks like it might end up being 400. Since I haven't registered yet, I might not get my swag until a week after the race.
Then again, I might decide not to race. Maybe I won't go. Maybe I'll go but ride my bike. The race is about 34+ miles. I'm kind of forced to register at the last minute. It all depends on how my foot feels the days before the race. I've got two weeks.
http://www.mas50.com/redhot/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home