LooseCrew-JeffO: State of the Runner Address - again

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, October 01, 2009

State of the Runner Address - again

I've been running about seven times since May. Yeah, I know, some of those runs were 50 miles or more, but still... Seven times in four months.

My plantar doesn't hurt as much as it used to. As far as I can tell, that's only because I haven't aggravated it much. It still hasn't healed at all.

The good news is I don't need ibuprofen to keep the swelling down, generally.

My CR-V is really decrepit. It has over 209,000 miles on it. The keyless locks don't work, the radiator leaks, there's a huge ding in the windshield from the Bandera drive, and other minor problems. After this last trip, the 4th cylinder stopped working. It sounded like an old Volkswagen Beetle. I started trying to find a shop to work on it late Friday, but apparently service centers stopped working on weekends because of the bad economy. (Seems odd to me because wouldn't more people want to repair old cars rather than buy new ones?) So I worked on my CR-V all weekend long and it is now fixed. It runs extremely well, but some time in the next year, I should replace it.

I have the money saved to plop down cash on another, but I also want lasik surgery. My astigmatism is so bad that I will probably still have to wear glasses, but it will be optional. I am SOOOO sick of bifocal glasses!! Not sure I can afford a car and lasik.
And I still have to save for my son's college. I need a money tree. I'm just glad I still have a job. Real glad.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Justin Mock said...

Lasik - www.dishler.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home