LooseCrew-JeffO: Denver Magazine Article

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Denver Magazine Article

This is woefully late, because I have a habit of not reading about running, or biking, or climbing, etc. Previously, I went to the Denver Magazine website and didn't see this article. Not knowing where to get a hard-copy, I never read it.
Until today. I plugged in "Denver Magazine", and my name, and voila!
I get all of one paragraph because the article was more about John Marini, and about ultra-running in general.
John Marini died during the Collegiate Peaks 50 in 2008.
Christian Toto wrote the piece. He has quite a few years at various newspapers and magazines across the country.
It's nice how it highlights our camaraderie and cooperation. One day I was at a bar watching Cyclo-cross racers, and they were talking about all the visceral hatred they have for each other. I couldn't help but think, "Those guys just don't get it."

Anyways, here it is.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Olga said...

You got 2 paragraphs:) Nicely written too.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Nick said...

So true, Jeff. I'm a pretty competitive guy, but all in good fun. Most of the guys I'm competitive with in the CO ultra scene also happen to be some of my most excellent friends.

I liked your second quote. While I may not shed too many tears, I would agree that I'm often "overwhelmed by how much we love running and the mountains and the people we’re doing it with." That said, next time I race Burch he's going down ;-)

The whole bike scene seems way too testosterone filled for me (no wonder they're all on drugs). Aside from the fact that I hate spending money on gear, I don't think I could turn up to events with the regularity I do in trail/ultra running without the pre/post-race camaraderie.

Hope you're healing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home