LooseCrew-JeffO: Red Rocks PR

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Red Rocks PR


Tonight, I set a new PR for my Red Rocks loop. It's 6.8 to 7 miles of jagged trail. Lots of climbing and plenty to trip and crash on.
The temperature was PERFECT!
The Celsius conversion is: PERFECT!
I wore my New Balance 790's, Wright socks, and flimsy running shorts. I took a 20oz Ultimate Direction bottle, but I should ditch that next time.
I was gasping so hard, drooling, spitting... At one point, I somehow got the rhythm of my breathing and swallowing wrong and half threw-up, but I caught it, and swallowed it back down. It tasted like broccoli, cauliflower, V-8, carrots, cranberries, apple, and sport drink. A bit got down my windpipe. Heavy coughing followed.
When I was finishing, I was gasping and sprinting to the finish. If I had been a horse, you would have taken pity on me, laid me down and put a bullet in my brain. But it was worth it!

My old PR was 1:13:51.
My new PR is 1:08:00, exactly!

Now this is Justin's chance to say, "Yeah, but I did it in 40 minutes, dude!"

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Ewwwwww. That's why you brought the water bottle - to wash down what you brought up.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Olga said...

Yuk, man, what a description! I'll make sure to remind myself of it at AC when throwing up:) Congrats on PR nevertheless.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

PR, PR, PR! Yeah!

Hope things are going well for you!

Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home