LooseCrew-JeffO: Neglected Blog

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Neglected Blog

I've really been slackin'!
I took the weekend off. My aches have been signifiant, and too many have been sharp pains.
Saturday, I did - NOTHING! Absolutely nothing.

Sunday, I took my son up to Guanella Pass and scouted out a few miles of my 100K race course. I haven't been able to spend much time working on this.

All of the trail we went on was above treeline. The weather was great, but threatening. The clouds kept the sun off us and kept us cool. There was no lightening.
We started on double-track - none of it from vehicles, but from high foot traffic. Square Top Lakes are beautiful and a favorite hike of many people.


After reaching the lakes, the trail peters out and is nothing but clumpy grass marked by cairns.



It then traverses around, goes over a grassy ridge, then drops straight down into the trees. We went down to treeline, but then ran out of time and headed back.







My son did great. I didn't push him at all and he didn't complain. On the contrary, all he did was keep saying how much he loved it. So maybe I can rope him into more of this course scouting in the future.



We did 6.6 miles total, round-trip. That's over 10% of the race!

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Olga said...

You mean teenagers say "I love it" to normal things occasionally? Wow, sounds weird! :)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Talon said...

So glad you wrote it down so you have proof! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home