LooseCrew-JeffO: Late Award

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Late Award

After the Estes Park Marathon, the unofficial results had me listed as 4th in my division. But when I was leaving, someone said I was 3rd. Well, I never win anything, so I just left. When I got home from Hard Rock, I found they shipped my 3rd place medal to me. Now I feel like a heel. It's the only award for running I've ever won. Finisher medals are nice, but especially in my cut-throat M4 division, it's nice to get an award before going into M5.

My left forefoot is still swollen. I'm not sure what caused it, but it's why I didn't run the last section of HR100. The damage seems like soft-tissue, not bone or connective. I would think it would heal fast, but it's not. I'm not going to be sure if I'll run this weekends 50M race.

Badwater is still going ok, but Pacheco has won, and Colorado's Jamie Donaldson has come in 3rd overall.
Shanna (Banana) has come in 7th! Very awesome jobs for everyone!