LooseCrew-JeffO: Lows

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lows

What is with me?
Yesterday evening, I was in a foul mood. I should have stayed home.
But I didn't and ended up having a nice recovery run.
Fearing my behavior for the rest of the evening, I just went home and ate leftovers instead of going out with the gang.

I've been rushing around too much over the past months. Not enough quiet time.
I just found my unopened Leadville Marathon information packet. I've been so busy I'm out of control.
I'm severely enjoying my solitude, now. I mean I'm enjoying being alone, and sleeping, and being alone some more like it's bliss. It's starting to freak me out. I guess it's a temporary "correction" to all the hyperactivity of this race season. When I lay down at night, and it's just me, and it's so quiet and peaceful, ahhhh. Bliss.
I've got to get my batteries recharged - in more ways than one.

After my 48 miles of Hard Rock pacing, with my left shoe too loose, I ended up with a blister on the outside of my left heel. Then after running the SR50 with the right shoe too loose, I have a matching blister, only bigger. I never get blisters! I've got to pay attention to the tightness of my laces more.

All my shoes are now either the wrong type of worn to tatters. I tried to find some Salomons, but the pair I tried on didn't feel right on the right arch - probably a defect in one shoe. But I couldn't get any sales help so I gave up and went home.
I won a free pair of Montrails and want the Streak, but no one stocks the Streak.
In fact, I'm supremely frustrated. Where-oh-where can I buy trail shoes?!? The stores stock only the trendiest Nikes, Adidas, etc. I'd prefer to try on my shoes (so I don't get a factory defect like I just mentioned). But it's so hard to find the shoes I want that I may be forced to buy online anyways.

Does anyone know a great online store for buying Salomon, New Balance, Pearl Izumi, and other great trail shoes?

3 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...you run train for and run ultras...it's not a shocker your personality demands some alone time :) personally, i LOVE to be alone and it stresses me out otherwise!!!

i hope you're feeling better!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Michael Quispe said...

We all hit lows, and as long as you recognize them as being such, you can rest assure things will turn around eventually. Rest my friend, rest... your eyes are getting heavy. You feel a relaxation you've never felt before. Your body becomes light and free. All stress melts away. You feel a light energy flowing through your veins making you feel at peace.

Sorry, I fell asleep.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Cheer up soon JeffO!

I'm having a not-so-great experience with the Streak. I think it's a factory defect, too. I'll be exchanging them soon and will report back....

Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home