LooseCrew-JeffO

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I have to work late every day so I can leave early on Friday. So I don't have much time for chores, running, socializing, and packing. I'll get it done, though.

I feel good, considering both big-toe joints are now hurting and I have a sprained left ankle. Everything seems to be healing amazingly fast. My toe joints feel better now than they did before Estes Park. I iced and elevated my sprain Sun/Mon, and ran carefully around Wash Park, plus an additional mile of walking. The circulation is helping. I can only hope it's enough to get me through SJS50.
If I have to DNF, I hope I do - rather than trash myself. I still have hundreds of dollars down on a tight race schedule through summer. The timing of these injuries coupled with this brutal race could destroy me. But it seems like things have a way of miraculously working out. So I'm not out 'til I'm out.

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

JeffO,

Good luck this weekend and take care of your body. I'm so sorry I won't be there, but it's mostly because I'm taking care of the little niggles my body has. Take a ton of pictures! Watch out for lightning!

Meghan

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

JeffO!

You alive? How was it? Man alive I'm curious! Hope you're alright!

Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home