LooseCrew-JeffO: Lazy Memorial Day

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lazy Memorial Day


It's a beautiful Memorial Day weekend. I had three different sets of plans that were materializing, so I was definitely going to do something. But then I did nothing!!!! Except I'm doing lots of sleeping.
I ended up wanting to go camping with my son. Then I got sick on Tuesday, and the crud still isn't completely gone from my system. My son got sick Thursday evening and slept nearly all day yesterday (Sat.).
So here I sit at Kaladi's Coffee with nothing to report!
I am, however, finally getting some work done on a little project of mine. It might bore everyone if I put it together wrong. Definitely, it will bore non-trial-running readers. I'm documenting the 7-mile Red Rocks loop that starts near the amphitheater, crosses to the Dakota "Hogback" Ridge, grinds you up as you head north, and then spits you out at Matthews-Winters Park, then up to the Morrison Slide.
The hard part is cutting out photos. This trail is so twisty, windy, ridiculously rugged that I ran out of room on my camera's SD memory card with 81 photos and not even half-done (should have lowered the resolution). It dawned on me that if I don't cut photos, then one photo after another of jagged trail will cause readers' minds to just fritter-out. So the challenge is to have enough photos to give an accurate idea without overloading you.

It was this very same Red Rocks trail that is half-responsible for my love of trail-running (the other being running down after climbing 14'ers).

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Talon said...

That's my favorite trail. One of the first I ran when I first moved to CO. LOVE it!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Olga said...

It looks beautiful I gotta come visit you now!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Toto said...

JeffO - I'm a Denver-based reporter and I'm writing a feature on ultramarathons ... could you drop me a line if you'd like to chat with me for the article? cftoto@gmail.com

thanks!
Christian Toto, Mile High Sports Magazine

(sorry to post off topic!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home