LooseCrew-JeffO: Not Superstitious, But!

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, May 05, 2008

Not Superstitious, But!

Tom Sobel told me last year that if I can't finish the CP50 under 10 hours, I shouldn't think about Leadville.
So last year I bonked the CP50 in 10:48, and then proceeded to DNF the LT100.
So this year I did the CP50 in 9:30 and my bib# was..... 100.
Oh, how I wish I was superstitious! How apocryphal.

John Marini is the runner who died. He's from Highlands Ranch, but the name doesn't ring a bell.
I want to find out more.

I was looking at the Jemez Mtn course maps. Ouch. OMG! This is a 50! This terrain looks absolutely incredible. And the course goes out of its way to climb up every bump and down into every canyon. Great training for the SJS50.

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Olga said...

It's a good omen:)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

I agree with Olga.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home