LooseCrew-JeffO: Busted Buster

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Busted Buster

No, I'm not referring to myself and my sore foot.
I'm talking about Buster Martin, alleged 101 year old man, and first over 100 to complete a marathon - or not.
Sorry if you've heard this story a million times - I don't have a TV, so I don't know if this is old news.
Some say he's 94 and some say he's 101. Since there's virtually no records from the life he tells, no one can tell for sure. But however old he is, he did indeed finish the London Marathon.

Do you have your own Wiki?
Buster Martin wiki

Oldest marathoner - ever - or maybe not

They aren't saying he ISN'T 101, only that it's unverifiable.

The oldest verifiable marathon finisher was Dimitrion Yordanidis, 98, in Athens in 1976.

As for my foot, it is feeling better, and it's looking good for Saturday's race. I'll have to play it by ear, but I would like a redemptive 50K PR. The Greenland course is tougher than the Goblin course I did my 4:46 record on, and I am exhausted, but there's a slight chance I can pull this off. I'm stretching and massaging vigorously and often.

Currently it's snowing, and there's good weather forecast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home