LooseCrew-JeffO: Arches Photos

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, April 07, 2008

Arches Photos

Today's photos are from the day after Moab when I went to Arches National Park.

After Moab, my electronic scale said I was 20 years old. That's the youngest yet. It also said I was down to 162 lbs. This morning, I weighed in at 161 lbs. I haven't been that light in probably 20 years - but I can't remember for sure, it's been so very long. I'm not even trying to lose weight.


My lungs and sinuses continue to deteriorate. I guess I'll have to go to a doctor. I'm afraid of being diagnosed with asthma. Currently I'm not medically diagnosed, so the insurance companies can't hassle me about it. If I ever become self-employed again, they'll want my medical records, and then they'll charge me extra, or they'll refuse to insure me! So I've had plenty of reasons not to get diagnosed.
There's no mistaking an asthma attack. When you have one, and it turns you purple, and it lasts for 30 minutes, you'd have to be a moron not to be able to figure it out. That's what happened when I was 7 or 8 years old. Since then, I've had two more attacks. One was when my son was about 3 and rode his bike off from home and I went racing around the neighborhood looking for him in a panic. The other was at the 10-mile Silent Trails race in Wyoming.
So it's so rare and minor, seizures aren't the problem. The problem is that along with the risk of seizure comes lots of congestion.

As for the sinuses, I don't know why my nose is gushing every time I run. Sunday I ran with a bandanna in my hand the whole way. That's the way I'll have to do it from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home