LooseCrew-JeffO: Fast Week

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fast Week

The past week is a blur with very little running.
Wednesday and Thursday, I called in sick because my sinuses were gushing. Even fully-dosed, my sinuses were running and I was sneezing. I didn't feel sick otherwise, but I couldn't go to work drowsy, buzzing, sneezing, and gushing.
So no running Wednesday. Thursday evening, a cold front blew in with 40+mph winds. DTR ran on South Table Mtn, so we got the full brunt of it. The wind was clean - no smog or dust - so it really cleared my sinuses. I walked most of the headwinds with my hands over my ears, but with a tailwind, I flew back.
Friday was spent doing laundry.
The weekend was spent with my son on a roadtrip. We slept in the back of my CR-V.
On Sunday, we saw about 100 deer.
I stopped at Monarch Pass and got in one mile of strenuous snowshoeing up a very steep slope.
Monday was John C's birthday. What a totally great party! Lost another day of training, but I guess there's more to life than running.
Tuesday, in spite of having the Moab100 coming up soon, I ran as hard as I could for 5.2M.
I only plan to walk each day until Moab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home