LooseCrew-JeffO: Great Run

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Great Run

Wow! Saturday was a great run!
After taking it easy trotting/walking Thursday and walking Friday, I headed out Saturday with the attitude of "let's just see". Started slow and built over the first few miles. I felt so good. I ran another 10 miles at race-pace.
13.2M in 108 minutes.
I felt faster than I was, though. It came out to 8:12 pace. The slower first miles figured in, and I had to walk while gagging on phlegm once, and waiting at traffic lights. Still, I thought it would've been closer to 8:00.

Not that the knee is out of the dark. Taking it easy today. Just because it didn't hurt doesn't mean it's 100%. Lots of massage and bending.
Working on upper body and core too.

After the run, I got diarhea. Not sure why.
I found an uncleaned bottle. Yikes, stuff was growing in it. I cleaned and scrubbed and blasted it with hot anti-bacterial detergent. Then I let it dry. That's the bottle I used during the run.
Then there was the left-over Italian food from Thursday night. It gave me no trouble the first time I ate it, but if anything was reaching its limit when they served it to me, then two days later might have been too much.
Then there's this bug going around - but how would I catch it? Whatever it was was caught, festered, and blew on Saturday. It came on too fast. I just didn't have the opportunity to catch anyone's stuff. But who knows?
Anyways, I drank a quart of saltwater to help flush it out, but it didn't really. It was more pain than fireworks. My gut hurt through the night and the salt water just made me pee four times, but at least I wasn't dehydrated.

Today is another GORGEOUS day! I think I'll walk and bask in the sun.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger Olga said...

My friends cringe when they see my bottles...I think I built my immune system! Glad you get some sun and gorgeous days amongst winter and snow. Taper is coming soon, hang in there.
As for no complaining - don't "forbid" yourself that, instead, try reverse - allow yourself to find something good in every situation. It really works:)

You had a fantastic time all around in Death valley!

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Uh, yikes, JeffO!

Hope you're feeling better!
Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home