LooseCrew-JeffO: Exhaustion

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Exhaustion

My log is suddenly filled with, "Tired & sore." "Very tired." "Very, very tired."
I've recently had sharp pain in my right foot, but then they go away, come back, go away - it's been a managable issue. I change my stride and form and I keep going. Then yesterday the same pain started in the left foot, but it refuses to be managed.
I was so extremely beat after yesterday's 18M+ run. My muscles are sore as if I've run a race. I almost felt ill. I slept deeply and felt like a train wreck this morning.
I've had to take more time stretching. My muscles are so tight, when I sit on the floor with my legs straight in front of me, I can initially only get my palms to my kneecaps! After considerable relaxation and reaching, I finally get my palms wrapped around my toes. Even though I hold this stretch for a minute, my muscles tighten back up again as soon as I'm done.
This is overtraining. The timing is okay, I guess. I have a 50K coming up on Saturday, so I'll be taking it easier than usual this week.
This body is on the verge of disintegration.
Maybe after a few days of slacking, I can get that good feeling back.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Olga said...

I hear ya. I don't write "sore", but do write "very tired", legs shaking and such...oh, is it the rest knocking in the door? I hate this feeling! Are we ever going to be smart?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home