LooseCrew-JeffO: Ben Sanders

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ben Sanders

My friend, DJ, sent this to me.
Ben Sanders on Ted.com
So maybe being a nutter is a healthy bloke to be?
___________

As for Moab, since I was able to run the next two days in a row, I obviously wasn't as used-up as I thought I was. Hence, I feel a bit ashamed of the failure.
I wasn't in danger of any apparent injuries. It's just that I did the simple math; I was moving slower (and still decellerating) than I needed in order to finish before the cutoff.
I don't know what I need to do. If I ever get into that situation again, I hope to have a fistful of caffiene pills. Then I plan to stuff my pack with food and half a gallon of water. Maybe if I eat while I stagger, I'll get my legs back? It seems like I ate enough, but maybe not? I wasn't hungry afterwards. There was no pig-out from depletion. I just don't know what else to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home