LooseCrew-JeffO: Ups and Downs

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ups and Downs

This week was a bit weird. I took Sunday and Monday off - completely. Tuesday, I ran 6:30 - 6:50 miles around Wash Park for 5+ miles and felt great. Wednesday, I felt Tuesday, but I took it easy and felt okay.
Thursday, DTR ran at Lair O' The Bear. I love that trail and wanted to bust lose on it. Instead, I ran 3.5 miles hoping to warm up and feel good but felt worse. I felt Tuesday and Saturday all over again. My left ankle has been hurting since my snowy climb near Montezuma a couple of weeks ago, and it felt worse Thursday.
Friday was a slow jog around Wash Park, followed by two laps of walking.
So now it's the weekend and I would normally do something long. No way! I have another 50M in a week. Somehow I have to get my left leg (knee, calf, ankle, foot issues) back to normal in only a week.
After sleeping in (getting out of bed at 8:30am) I'm now headed to Geneva Creek to scope out the eastern regions of my hoped-for race course. I really don't know how much running or hiking I'll do. At least I'll get some altitude.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

You were cruising around the park on Tuesday, Speedy!

Awaiting your backcountry play weekend report, yo! Where are the stupendously gorgeous photos? ;)

Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home