LooseCrew-JeffO: Lost my photos

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Lost my photos

So I've been waiting to post all my photos, but now I can't find them. My Nikon is stupid. It was hard-wired not to allow a computer's browser, like Finder or Explorer to access the photos directly. It's clunky. Then the SD card started corrupting and locking up every computer I hooked the camera to. Gotta love technology.

It wasn't the most exciting weekend. Very low mileage, very nice scenery. I post-holed for several hours in Geneva Creek trying to find where the trails were, but it was mostly a waste as far as setting a race course. There's too much snow, and yesterday the mountains got over a foot of new snow. I fear Hardrock is going to be canceled. I don't know if they ever cancel SJS50, but there's certainly lots of snow. The days aren't getting warm enough. The melt is extremely slow this year.
The 90-day forecast is for Colorado to get less than average precipitation, so maybe, maybe.
I hiked up the valley, then up a hillside until I was nearly at treeline, then sat and ate while soaking up the scenery.
A wicked storm hugged the Divide not far away. The sky above me was clear, but snowflakes blew in from the other side of the Divide.

Tonight, I ran 7:30-7:40/mile around Wash Park. A nice taper run.

My left ankle feels tweaked, but not real serious. I feel pretty decent leading into this next 50 mile race.
Walking tomorrow, packing Thursday - I'll miss the DTR run. I leave Friday morning for Los Alamos.

2 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Meghan said...

Bummer about the photos. Would have loved to see them!

Good luck this weekend while climbing every mountain in New Mexico! Hah!

Maybe SJS50 will be canceled and I can stop having nightmares about lightning. Just kidding... ;)

Take care of that ankle and have fun!
Meghan

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Race report??? How was it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home