LooseCrew-JeffO: More Snowshoeing

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Snowshoeing

On Sunday's race, I was 77th out of 281. So I did better than I had thought.
For those of you who want the latest fashion news, I started the race wearing black and gray with a blue hat and red gloves. Then it warmed up so I took off my gray shirt. My rust-colored top totally sent the fashion-police after me (I'm still hiding out).
Fashion-challenged.

Monday, I went snowshoeing near Guanella Pass. I hadn't realized they closed Guanella for the winter. It used to be open year-'round. I just parked at the end-of-the-line and hiked until I was above treeline and then headed back.


My schedule is finally getting set, but there's still much to do.

This is my firm schedule so far:
Feb 16 - Moab's Red Hot 50K+
Feb 16-24 - Death Valley vacation
Mar 29-30 - Moab 100
Jun 21 - San Juan Solstice 50 (was at #43 on wait-list - now #42)
Jun 28-30 LT100 Training Camp
Jul 5 - Leadville Marathon
Jul 20 - Leadville Silver Rush 50 (new race!)
Aug 16-17 - Leadville 100

There are other races, of course, that I want to do, but I'm already registered for these above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home