LooseCrew-JeffO: New Years bash

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Years bash

New Years was spent in Grand Lake with Christine and Don. It was about 0 degrees and hundreds of pounds of ice was hanging off the edges of some roofs. There were too many snowmobiles for me to want to live there, but it was a great place to spend NYE. There was a fantastic fireworks show you'd never guess a tiny town like Grand could afford.
New Years Eve, I-70 and Berthoud Pass were closed due to raging winds and icy roads, but it opened up in late afternoon. Still, most people invited bailed on us. So it was just my brother, Christine, Don, and moi. That was enough. We cooked shish-kabobs on the fire and then bar-hopped until the fireworks started. At last call, we headed home around 1am.
The next morning, I think I drank too much. It looked like a dog was driving an SUV.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Heh, heh, that seems like a fun hangover.

You had a great New Year's Eve, and I worked the whole night. Now we're evened back up again after X-mas. :)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

That first picture of the cabin reminds of the cabin in the U.S.S.R. where Rocky Balboa lived/trained in Rocky IV before he fought Drago. Very cool. Sounds like you had a fun NYE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home