LooseCrew-JeffO: car-camping

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, December 04, 2006

car-camping

I went car-camping at Geneva Creek. I didn't get there until 8pm, but the nearly-full, waxing moon lit everything up like daylight.
As I drove to the end-of-the-line, I could see where some unlucky soul had gotten stuck and probably spent hours digging out. So I dug a spot off to the side to park in.
I don't know how cold the temps got, but it's always colder when car-camping. (Somehow, a tent in the snow is warmer.)
It was calm at night, but the wind was gusting the next morning.
I did lots of reading, watched a movie, read some more, and went to sleep.
In the morning, I hobbled about half a mile up the road until the view opened up, then headed back to do more reading and eat breakfast.
It's nice having a sunroof - I made coffee inside and all the carbon-monoxide could get out without the wind blowing my book pages.
Us latte-sucking yuppies have got to have our java!

Today (Monday), the foot is feeling much better. I can walk slowly with virtually no limp, but not far.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home