LooseCrew-JeffO: New Drymax Socks

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, December 20, 2008

New Drymax Socks

Last night, my Drymax socks arrived. Bob McGillivray from Drymax said he'd ship me some of their new Maximum Protection socks. Along with it, came a hard-bound book detailing the design/construction, and the technology in all their socks.

Very cool!
With the socks I bought previously, i now have three different models of Drymax socks; six pairs total.
While I was volunteering at Rudolph's Revenge, my son apparently read the whole book - as in "studied" the whole book. I was doing research on the 'net and he was just babbling-off all sorts of stuff like he already knew far more than me! Heck, I should be consulting him!
Any ways, I'm not sure how much "data" to give. As a computer tech, I used to be guilty of giving too much info to people. If you do that, people's eyes glaze over right away. If you have a very awesome presentation, you can go further. My documentation/instructions for computer-users is much simpler these days. I've learned that if it can't be said in one or two pages (with images) then it's too long to get into. So I need to choose the right images and words to report on my findings.
The Drymaxsocks website already is the best source of info. A full website is easier to present info. You structure your site such that links and presentations allow deeper investigation (for geeks), but don't bother people who don't have the time or interest in TMI.
A blog post is a bit harder. The info I have is a bit wider, not just about socks. Not only will I discuss hi-tech fabrics, I'll also discuss surfactants, which are used extensively in more products than you would ever think. I'll put something concise together, soon, that I hope people find useful.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger The Stretch Doc said...

I'll be looking for that post on the socks..!! thanks..

rockon`

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger mnodurft said...

hey jeff. keep strong man. be back on the trail in no time. when good health returns let's plan a run. how 'bout it? when you post on socks, will you be including any info on smart wool? they're my preferred sock.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Justin Mock said...

That is one packed 2009 schedule. No chance for a R2R2R in 09? Looks like Pikes and Leadville are on different weekends in 09. Why not add in Pikes Marathon too just for kicks?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home