LooseCrew-JeffO: End-Of-Season

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

End-Of-Season

There is little doubt that my season is over, whether I want it to be or not.
- Last weekend turned my feet into blister-fests.
- I've been fighting "runners knee" where the patellar tendon below the knee hurt. I've been massaging it and coaxing it ever since July.
- I fell during the Leadville Marathon and cracked my elbow. Very minor. took about 5-6 weeks to heal. Fine after that. Until the beginning of this month. Somehow a tiny speck of bone is floating around in my elbow and when I rest my elbow on a desk or chair arm the wrong way, the pain goes from zero to 100mph in .0001 flat! Since this seemed healed, and now I've got something floating around, my guess is this is permanent. It's not worth surgery.
- I have a sharp pain on the inside/front of my knee. This spot is where the Gracilis and sartorius attach to the tibia and is collectively called the "pes anserinus".
Of these ailments, the last one is the worst. I'm hobbled. I even have to be careful just walking. Prudence says I shouldn't run a step the rest of the year. I hope I can be prudent. I need to go on long walks and hikes to keep myself from going cuckoo.
So far this year, I've gone well over 2300 miles.

I'm trying a 30-day free membership at 24-hour Fitness. So far, the location sucks, it's WAY too crowded, and even though it not expensive, I don't think I'll get my money's worth.
I need to try the Wash Park complex. It's not large, but membership is apparently free, and it's on the way home from work. So even though the complex doesn't have a huge lot to offer, the location and price are primo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home