LooseCrew-JeffO: Winter ain't over

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Winter ain't over

More snow. It's beautiful!
It's not good for my ankle, though. Also, the Leadville Trail 100 course was melting off nicely. Sections were trainable. So this is a set-back as far as training goes.

After Tuesday's 13.2 mile run, my feet were bothering me, so I didn't expect much from myself last night. After two miles, though, I was warming up and feeling decent. I launched a nice four-mile tempo run at 8:30 pace. Then I backed of slightly for a total run of 10.6 miles @ 8:42 overall pace.

I spent longer than usual stretching afterwards.
I followed again with a soak in ice-cold tap water. It's easier to get used to if I sit in a dry tub and let it fill up. Getting into a full tub of ice water is painful.
Then I massaged the quads and my plantar arch with a paint roller.

Tonight, Denver Trail Runners is running up Lookout Mountain.
Fireworks tonight in Golden. Last year the winds nixed the display. Tonight, the snow will make conditions totally safe, as far as fire-danger goes. If the wind stays calm and the clouds don't lower the ceiling too much, it ought to be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home