LooseCrew-JeffO: A Couple of Cripples

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Couple of Cripples

The discomfort in my ankle is subsiding. I ran a little faster than a pathetic "plod". I think I'm up to a "trot".
Three miles last night.
Neighborhood streets are canted towards the gutters. It's the perfect angle for my ankle. If I run facing traffic, like you're supposed to, then nearly all the stress is off the injured tissue.

My son crashed-n-burned on his snowboard yesterday. He was going downhill sideways when his board clipped a rock. The board suddenly stopped. He bent at the knees and folded. His back jammed the backside of the snowboard so hard he thought he'd broken his back. But then he sprung forward and did a face-plant. Wow, snowboarding is so fun.
He was in lots of pain last night, but still went to school this morning.
He draws cartoons, so he drew a short one of how his crash played-out. OUCH! It hurts to look at it. He was lucky it wasn't worse.

So now we're both hurtin' in the mornings like a couple of old men.
It's like I tell him, though - the more scabs you have the more fun you're having.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JeffO,

I didn't know you had a boy! Have you mentioned him in your blog before? I'm glad that you both are "okay" and on the road to recovery. Take care of your bad selves!

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger JeffO said...

Hi Meghan,
I have indeed, although his mother doesn't like it when I do (on the Internet). So "Mum's" the word.

 
At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret's safe with me! ;)

Meghan
www.running-blogs.com/meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home