LooseCrew-JeffO: Still running

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

Still running

My ankle was hurting some before I started running. Psycho-emotionally, I couldn't imagine not running, but the body didn't feel like it. I still managed to have a good 8-mile run.
Since I felt tired, I concentrated on cadence instead of speed. 180 steps / minute is supposed to be most efficient. I don't think I made it over 177. After 4 miles of that, I was tired, so I relaxed back to about 165. I don't have fast-twitch muscles, so 180/minute is probably not realistic for me.
Even though I wasn't pushing for speed, at high cadence, I don't think I was going very slow. I didn't time the whole run. One lap around Wash. Park clocked an 8:15 pace, so not too slow.


Collegiate Peaks Trail Run 50 (May 5) finally got my registration posted. None of the guys I know are running there. Two women I know are running the 25, and Anita F is doing the 50. So there will be a few familiar faces.
It's my first 50. I'd like to do it under 10 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home