LooseCrew-JeffO: Headin'2Goblin

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Headin'2Goblin

My favorite Ultimate Direction hand-held bottle got ruined last weekend when it froze during my night camping near Leadville. Now I have Goblin Valley 50K Saturday and no bottle. Guess I'll have to fall back on my Camelbak.

At Goblin, I'm looking to break 5 hours. That's going to take some persistent hard work. I might not be capable. Realistically, I'd say 5h40m. But who wants to be realistic on the season's last big trail race? I want to GO for it! Don't be surprised if I have tragic news afterwards of bonkin'-n-hurlin'.

Last year, I came up lame when my Montrails rubbed my ankle wrong. By mile 21, I could barely walk. My ankle was purple and swollen. 6h3m - I was em-bare-ASSed!
So even if I don't do well, I surely ought to blow away last year's time, right?

http://www.goblinvalleyultra.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home