LooseCrew-JeffO: SNOW!

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

SNOW!


My klutzy weekend didn't work out for racing. I needed a Saturday race, but both races were Sunday, so I didn't have one to run.
When I got home Friday, I found out my new mountain bike was ready for me. So I bought shoes and cleats (my first bike with clipless pedals).

Saturday was spent above Winter Park Resort on the road to Rollins Pass. It was snowing (it was a BLIZZARD!!!). So my first day using a REAL mountain bike was in 4" of snow. The bad news is my tires slipped a lot and I couldn't see the rocks underneath very easily. The good news is snow is a lot softer to fall down on!

Sunday, I biked in 40mph winds, but no snow. It was not a graceful ride. I fell lots of times (but no one saw, so it doesn't count, right?) One fall was spectacular on a switchback on a steep, rocky slope. Good thing I had my helmet, my Camelbak, and gel gloves. That's the only reason I'm not hurt. (That and my thick, boney Slovak skull. I probably have a concussion, but how can anyone tell?)
If I had sense I'd be a roadie and run in towns.
I love snow. Did I tell you I like snow? I sure do!

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Jeff and I were in fifth grade, the elementary school we attended had their version of "olympics" and everyone competed to see how many push-ups and other exercises we could do. Jeff decided to see how many sit-ups he was capable of and handily won the event. And kept going. And going. And going. The rest of us eventually drifted away as he lay there, performing sit-up after sit-up on the grass in the middle of the ballfield on a single-minded drive for personal best. In fifth grade! You can't say he isn't disciplined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home