LooseCrew-JeffO: Running Again

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Running Again

My "injury" - or whatever it is - is finally melting away. I'm still not sure what it was. It felt, looked, and acted like a blunt-trauma. It felt like someone hit me with a baseball bat. Maybe I got clobbered by a rock coming down one of the chutes during the Salida Marathon and I was so busy with footing that I didn't notice? Then why did I not notice afterwards, including the entire next day? Still a mystery.

Therapy was wrapping with Ace bandage, icing, and staying off it.
Then lots of massage throughout every day, plus walking.
Thursday, I started with the 5:30 group, and was able to walk the entire 7-mile route in time to finish with the 6:15 group.
I only walked a mile or two the next few days after that.

Saturday, I was supposed to run the Salida Scramble fun-run and pot-luck. But instead, I waited for the plumber, who was supposed to show up between 10am - noon, but instead showed up at 4pm. It took him a couple hours.
Then I took my son to the annual auto-show downtown. We stayed until it closed at 10pm.



Monday, I went out for a shake-down cruise. I ran 4 miles slowly, stopping often to massage and probe to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid and putting too much stress on too soon. I walked the last 1.4 miles for a total 5.4 miles.
Tuesday, I ran! The usual 7.8 miles - three laps around Wash Park.
Today it doesn't hurt, so I'm heading out for what I hope ends up being 8 miles.

I can only hope this ridiculous string of misfortunes is finished and I can actually start getting some mileage in.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Glad to hear you're healing, Jeff.

I almost made it down to the auto show, but decided not to because I heard many companies wouldn't be there and everything was scaled back.

What happened to the days of near-naked ladies lying over the hoods of super-charged cars?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home