LooseCrew-JeffO: San Juan Solstice 50 Hope!!

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, February 08, 2008

San Juan Solstice 50 Hope!!

This just in...
It's only a "possibility", but the annual review of permits for the SJS50 includes maybe allowing 200 runners instead of the usual 150. Being #42 on the list, I'd be an automatic "in".
If that happens, I'm going to try to go early and/or stay late to help with the course. It would be great recovery to head out the day after for some trail cleanup.
Actually, even if it stays at 150, the more time I spend there volunteering this year, the better I'll know the course next year.

Since about 39 people on the waiting list made it in last year, there's a possibility that nearly everyone on the waiting list will run this year.
It's wait-and-see time. Don't count your chickens until they hatch.

Do you have to have a screw loose to want the "opportunity" to run 50 rugged, high-altitude miles?
That's why my company name is LooseCrew Double-meaning: Several self-employed computer techs able to trade customers, but indiscernible from "loose screw" when you say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home