LooseCrew-JeffO: Running again

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, August 31, 2007

Running again

Last night I rode my bike four miles and ran about two miles. I didn't feel too bad. No swelling afterwards. Feels good today. So I might start with 1-2 miles per day building gradually.
The injury sight is still a bit painful to poke, so there's still some healing. Since this sort of tissue takes 6-8 weeks to be fully healed, I plan to take it easy. The point is to heal with minimal scar tissue left behind. Some walking/running each day will increase circulation and therefore the amount of nutrients that get to the injury site. Beyond that, I shouldn't get too bold. I want a lot of racing years ahead of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home