LooseCrew-JeffO: Leadville Marathon 2007

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Leadville Marathon 2007

Well, what can I say? Sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have bad days - and there's nothing you can do about it!
Today at Leadville - - - I KICKEd ASS!!!!
Couldn't help it.
45th place in 5:09:50
Last year I was 57th in 5:22:10 - so 12m20s off my time.
Man, that hurt so bad. I ran like a maniac.
Kind of aggravating... I forgot to take my wallet out of my pocket before the race. Didn't find it until the race was over. I passed a guy and was in 44th place. He struggled and passed me two blocks from the finish. I sprinted for my usual 100yd dash, but it wasn't enough. The weight of that wallet alone - no doubt - put me back in 45th place.
But it all made for a more-entertaining finish. And I have a new acquaintance.
The weather is so perfect! The mountains are so very green. It's beautiful. I'm so happy. These Leadville trail races are SOOOO fun!

I car-pooled with one of my LT100 pacers, Dave B. He'll be coming in soon so I need to head out and see if I can get a good photo of him. And I've got other friends to snap shots at.
Awards @ 5pm.
Hope everyone had as much fun this weekend as me!

2 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Jeff, congrats on a great race today! It's always fun when everything just seems to come together so well and you feel that you're at one with the world. What a high! Enjoy it. You've been training hard so it's well-deserved. I'm sure that this will give you a great boost as the LT100 draws closer.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeff, great job! I love reading your blog. It always makes me feel so good. But you are not as hot as Katra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home