LooseCrew-JeffO: 30Hr Walk-in-the-Park

LooseCrew-JeffO

Ramblings of an adventurous guy living in Denver and playing in the mountains.
For my trail adventures, visit my Trail Bum blog

Friday, June 08, 2007

30Hr Walk-in-the-Park


Last night I ran the Gudy Gaskill trail near Genesee. I love that trail, even though it's fairly short. It was about 7 miles.
_____________________

Tomorrow morning dark-and-early, I'm starting my 30-hour Walk-in-the-Park.
I'll start it in Washington Park. There's restrooms, it's close to home, and it's easy. Also, it's easy access for any of my friends to visit and keep me company.
The main purpose is to get me used to being on my feet for 24+ hours, and get used to staying awake contrary to my usual sleep patterns.
If I manage to walk/run 101 miles before I reach 30 hours, I'll quit.
_____________________

Right now, I'm exhausted. It's been real hard to keep my eyes open for the past week. Even the few times I sleep 8 hours, it's not enough. Usually I get 6-7 hours of sleep. It has worn me down. Definitely not a good way to start this endeavor.
And to top it off, I have to get up at 3am Sat. So I'll start this with only about 4-5 hours of sleep.
But this is what I might end up with leading into Leadville! This is perfect training! No matter how tired I'll be tomorrow, I need to keep reminding myself that the LT100 will have thousands of feet of climbing at ridiculous altitudes. If I can't do this at Wash Park, then don't even think of the LT100.

I haven't even been thinking much about this. I haven't psych'd myself up for this. Since there's no running required, I guess I haven't been mentally taking it all that seriously. But I should. It's going to be difficult to stay awake and still be walking.
If I get too bored, I might walk home and mow my lawn.
I'll have plenty of friends to keep me company, though. And I'm so schizo my mind doesn't hold still. I'm off in my own little world. It'll get interesting the last 10 hours when my mind starts to freak out. Better to experience it here near home before I get to Leadville.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home